Create questions and answers with dynamic wording.
To use piped text in survey questions:
- From the Surveys > All Surveys tab, click to edit a survey or build a new one.
- Click one a question to open the question properties. (Supported questions include Star Rating, NPs, or Select One.)
- Modify the text for the reference, and then click Insert Variable > Piped Text.
- From the Select Question drop-down, choose the question/answer you want to reference, and click Done.
The question reference will be automatically added at the end of your text. You may need to copy it and paste it to where you want it to appear in your question.
You can add default text using the following syntax: [[sq19″Default value”]]
- Click Done.
- Click Save, and then click Preview Template.
The question that contains the piped text reference will dynamically populate when the option from the referenced question is selected.
Note that until an answer is selected, nothing is populated in the piped text placeholder. For this reason, we suggest that you use conditional visibility to hide the question until the first is answered, or that you put questions on separate pages.