Apply persona-based user roles that fit your organization’s business requirements.
The Roles tab with the Platform Admin includes settings for each role within your tenant, which is used to determine the permissions that apply to a user’s profile. You may also add custom roles.
The system provides several roles that you can assign to users or copy from in order to create your own. These roles are available for every tenant: Admin and User.
You can add new roles by copying from another role or starting from scratch.
To add a role:
- From the top right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Roles.
- Either click Save As New from an existing role, or click Add Role.
- Enter the following details for the role:
- Name: Enter a name for the role as it appears in the Admin toolset.
- External ID: Optionally add an ID that may be present in another system to help identify the role.
- Managed Roles: Allow users with this role to assign other roles to other users. This settings is designed for users who have permissions to add/edit other user profile. Once enabled, select the roles allowed to be managed by this role. For each of the managed roles selected here, make sure the Managed Roles setting is Off. Learn more here.
- Description: Enter a description for the role as it appears in the Admin toolset.
- Permissions: Choose the permissions enabled for each module. Permissions options are grouped by “View” (read), “Edit” (update), “Add” (create), “Delete”, and “Other”. To select/unselect all boxes within a column, click the All | None column headers.
- Click Save.