Depending on the Kiosk program you have, you will either be issued an iPad from Reputation.com, or you can configure your own iPad.
Configure a Reputation.com iPad
When you receive your iPad, follow these instructions to start the Kiosk Review app.
To start the Kiosk Review app for the first time:
- Unlock the iPad by placing your finger on the screen and sliding from left to right.
- Follow the prompts to choose your language and select your home country or region.
- On the network screen, choose your wireless plan, or choose the preferred Wi-Fi network (if Wi-Fi only model) from the option. Signing onto a Wi-Fi network may require a password.
- Set a passcode for the device (optional).
- On the Welcome screen, tap Get Started.
- The Kiosk Review app and profile will begin installation. When installation is complete, enter your Reputation.com username and password.
- If you are a manager of multiple locations, choose the location where this iPad/kiosk is hosted.
- Customers can now click the Take a Quick Survey option to submit feedback.
To exit the app:
- Tap once on the screen with three fingers (altogether at one time).
- When prompted, enter the code RDC0000.
To put in a new login on the Kiosk app, use the code RDCXXXX.
Configure any iPad for Kiosk Mode
This option requires that you have an Apple iPad that supports Guided Access and that you have a Survey 3.0 configured in Kiosk Mode.
To enable guided access for a survey on the iPad:
- From the top, right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Locations, and click the location for which you want to use the kiosk.
- Click the Kiosk tab.
- Copy or make note of the unique survey link.
- On the iPad, open a Safari browser, and go to the copied URL.
- Tap the Bookmark icon, and then tap Add to Home Screen.
- From the iPad Settings, browse to General > Accessibility > Guided Access.
- Tap to enable Guided Access, and then set a Passcode that will be required to leave Guided Access mode.
- Return to Safari. With the survey page loaded, tape the home button three times.
- When the Guided Access options appear, tap Start.
Safari is now locked in Kiosk mode.
To exist kiosk mode:
- Tap the Home button three times.
- Enter the passcode.
- Tap End.