Admin Instructions: Setting Up Frontline Users
The mobile request option through the Reputation mobile app (iOS | Android) allows your frontline employees to send a review request SMS message to a customer on-the-spot. The app includes gamification to incentivize your staff to continually request reviews for maximum search rankings.
Considerations for implementing the app for your organization:
- If SMS Opt-In is enabled for your account, the recipient must first reply YES to confirm initial consent to receive text messages from your business. Because one-off requests sent person-to-person do not infringe upon United States telecommunication laws, we typically recommend disabling this setting when sending requests from the mobile app for maximum response rate; however, follow your own corporate messaging guidelines.
- By default, the app sends customers requests using the Reputation Live Default Message template. You can define different templates per location as long as the template name remains the same. Contact Support or your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
- Each frontline employee who will request reviews from the app must have a mobile device with the Reputation mobile app installed (iOS | Android).
- Each requester must also have a user profile created within your platform account (Admin > Users). Alternatively, you can have your employees use a magic link to log in so that you don’t have to send welcome emails or require them to set up a password. However, this option requires users to be able to check their company email on their mobile devices. See user instructions below.
- The app contains a leaderboard for frontline employees to see who has requested the most reviews at their location. Additionally, you can use the leaderboard within the web application to see request leaders across multiple locations.
User Instructions: Requesting Reviews
Review requesting is an important step in collecting feedback from your silent majority! The Reputation mobile app allows you to personally invite your customer to leave a review through an SMS text message.
Sending the Request
To send a mobile request:
- Download the Reputation mobile app on your mobile device (iOS | Android).
- Open the Reputation mobile app and log in using your email and password, magic link, or single sign-on connection.
- From the home page, tap Send Review Invitation.
- Tap Select Location to choose the location you are sending the request on behalf of.
If you only manage one location, that location will automatically be selected.
- Enter the customer’s full name and phone number.
If your account has SMS Opt-In enabled, there’s an additional check box to confirm that you’ve received verbal consent from the customer to send a message.
- Tap Send Request, and a confirmation message appears.
Customer Request Experience
The recipient receives an SMS message and clicks the link to open review site options for the location they visited.
The recipient can reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to stop receiving requests. You will not be notified if a recipient unsubscribes.
The more review requests you send, the higher your ranking on the app Leaderboard. The Leaderboard shows you who has sent the most review requests at your location.