Admin Instructions (Setting Up Frontline Users)
The mobile request option through the Reputation Live app (iOS | Android) allows your frontline employees to send a review request SMS message to a customer on-the-spot. The app includes gamification to incentivize your staff to continually request reviews for maximum search rankings.
Considerations for implementing the app for your organization:
- If SMS Opt-In is enabled for your account, the recipient must first reply YES to confirm initial consent to receive text messages from your business. Because one-off requests sent person-to-person do not infringe upon United States telecommunication laws, we typically recommend disabling this setting when sending requests from the mobile app for maximum response rate; however, follow your own corporate messaging guidelines.
- By default, the app sends customers requests using the Reputation Live Default Message template. You can define different templates per location as long as the template name remains the same. Contact your Customer Success Manager for help.
- Each frontline employee who will request reviews from the app must have a mobile device with the Reputation Live app installed (iOS | Android).
- Each requester must also have a user profile created within your platform account (Admin > Users). Alternatively, you can have your employees use a magic link to login so that you don’t have to send welcome emails or require them to set up a password. However, this option requires users to be able to check their company email on their mobile devices. See user instructions below.
- The app contains a leaderboard for frontline employees to see who has requested the most reviews at their location. Additionally, you can use the leaderboard within the web application to see request leaders across multiple locations.
User Instructions (Requesting Reviews)
Review requesting is an important step in collecting feedback from your silent majority! The Reputation Live app allows you to personally invite your customer to leave a review through an SMS text message. Copy Video Link
Best Practices for Review Requesting
- Deliver a great experience! – People writing reviews are generally very dissatisfied or very satisfied. If the service is average, people are unlikely to write reviews. You must earn a positive review.
- Tell customers what to expect. – Let customers know that you will send them a request to review their experience with you, and verbally invite them to click on the link and write a review. It is important to be clear as to what you need customers to do.
- Show gratitude and make it personal. – Thank customers preemptively for taking the time to click on the link and write a review. Explain that you are striving to deliver the best service and that you feel proud and motivated when you hear positive feedback from customers.
- Be particular about timing. – If the request is open using the location wifi, it is likely that reviews will be removed as “fake” by Google, Facebook, and other review sites. It is best to wait for customers to leave the premises before sending the requests. However, do not wait too long before sending the request (no more than 6 hours).
- Play by the rules. – Never offer monetary incentives or gifts to motivate the recipients to write reviews.
Sending the Request
- Download the Reputation Live app on your mobile device (iOS | Android).
- When you open the app, click the Try password instead option at the bottom of the screen.*
- Enter your username and password, and click Login.
Using the magic link option: If you don’t have a password, you can return to the previous screen to use the magic link. Enter your company email address, and click Get Started. Check your email from your mobile device, and click the link provided. If you open the email from a laptop, it will redirect you to the web app only.
- After you’re logged on, the Request to Review screen appears. Enter the customer’s full name and phone number.
- Tap Send Request, and a confirmation message appears.
If your account has SMS Opt-In enabled, there’s an additional check box to confirm that you’ve received verbal consent from the customer to send a message.
The recipient receives an SMS message
The recipient can reply STOP or UNSUBSCRIBE to stop receiving requests. You will not be notified if a recipient unsubscribes.
The more review requests you send, the higher your ranking on the app Leaderboard. The leaderboard shows you who has requested the most review requests at your location: