Summaries are a notification type that allow you or other users on your account to receive an email digest that captures review activity on third-party sites.
You must have admin privileges on your account to add or modify notifications. If you need assistance, contact your Customer Success Manager.
User summaries are associated with a particular user on the account. Summaries configured at the user level are delivered only to the selected user’s email address. You can configure different summaries per user. Summaries are not available to configure for more than one user at a time.
To configure a user summary:
- From the top, right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Users, click the user for whom you want create a summary email, click Notifications, and then click Summary.
You can also configure a summary for the logged in user (yourself) by clicking My Account > Notifications. Any summary configurations here will also appear under your User > Notification screen and vice versa.
The list of all alerts for the selected user is shown by default.
- Click Summary.
- Click Add Summary Email.
- Modify the following settings:
- Status – Default is set to ON. OFF allows you to temporarily disable an email summary configuration without deleting it.
- Frequency – The frequency with which to send the summary email: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly.
- Summary For – Receive summary data for all locations (click All), or select individual locations. If you have more than one Summary For filter option, your account has custom filters, which allows you to choose custom segments to associate with the summary email.
If authorized locations are already specified in your user profile, do NOT specify them again in the notification settings. The user profile level automatically cascades location settings to all related notifications, which prevents you from having to modify individual notification properties. If you do modify location settings within a notification, changes at the user profile level no longer apply to the selected notification.
- Group By – Grouping parameter used to display data.
- Include Peer Comparison – Adds a table containing statistics for each filter not selected in the Group By setting.
- Click Save.
The summary becomes active and will send an email to the selected user according to the selected frequency.
To send a summary email to the user immediately, click the Send Now icon (). (This process may take several minutes if you selected a large number of locations.) To modify summary settings or to inactivate a summary configuration, click the Edit icon (). To permanently delete the summary configuration, click the Delete icon ()
Summary emails include the following:
- Subject – Your [Frequency] Reputation Summary – [Time Period]
- Body – Review summary data for All-Time Performance, Recent Review Performance, Kiosk Review Performance (if applicable), Reviews by Review Site, and Locations.