Maximize your social efforts by creating posts for multiple channels for more than one location.
The Create Post function allows you build posts for one or many locations. You can schedule publishing immediately or at a particular day/time. At any time, you can view post details to see status, sites, creators, approvers, and more.
Available social publishing sites include:
Posting requires credentials or a connection set up for the selected location(s). LinkedIn connections automatically expire within one year, per LinkedIn’s OAuth 2.0 authorization and API authentication policies.
To create a new post:
- Initiate post creation from one of the following areas:
- In the Create Post page, complete the following sections:
Choose the channel(s) on which to post the content:
- If you add Twitter, only one location can be selected at a time to publish.
- If you add LinkedIn, only one location can be selected at a time to publish.
- If you add Google My Business (GMB), you cannot select other channels at the same time. GMB posts optionally include a call to action (CTA) and/or time range for events. GMB posts will show for 7 days with the exception of event posts. Event posts will show for as long as the event is active.
Choose the location(s) to associate with the post.
If a selected location does not have all selected sites connected, those sites will not publish. The preview pane does not show previews for all locations.
With the exception of COVID-19 posts, GMB can post to <10 locations per post. You must have unique credentials in the platform for each set of 9 locations due to Google’s current API limitation.
Enter the post description that will accompany any post media (e.g., hashtags, caption, etc.).
If you add a link without any media, the post automatically becomes a Link Post with a link preview (excerpt and image). You can switch back to the Media post type if you want to add your own images. Click the link to view link options.
- Instagram character limit = 2200
- Twitter character limit = 280
- GMB character limit = 1500
Upload media by dragging an image or video onto the post page, clicking browse from a file location, or selecting an asset from the Library.
If using multiple images, rearrange the order of the images by dragging-and-dropping. Some sites support only one image per post; site indicators are included on the image preview.
- Facebook videos should be between 1 KB and 2 GB.
- Only 1 image or video is allowed for Instagram.
- Up to 4 images are allowed for Twitter.
- Only 1 image is allowed for Google My Business.
- Only 1 image is allowed for LinkedIn.
- Additional requirements:
</td width=”10%”> Images Videos Up to 40 pictures
Formats supported – jpeg, jpg, bmp, png, static gif, tif, tiff
1 Kb < Size < 4 Mb
200×200 < Resolution
Formats supported – 3g2, 3gp, 3gpp, asf, avi, dat, divx, dv, f4v, flv, m2ts, m4v, mkv, mod, mov, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg, mts, nsv, ogm, ogv, qt, tod, ts, vob, wmv
1 Kb < Size < 10 Gb
Duration < 10 hrs
Up to 4 images
Formats supported – jpeg, jpg, png, gif, webp
Size < 5 MB
Resolution < 8900×8900
Formats supported – mov, mp4, mpe, mpeg, mpeg4, mpg
Size < 512 Mb
32×32 < Resolution < 1280×1024
1:3 < Aspect Ratio < 3:1
0.5 s < Duration < 30 s
Only 1 image at a time
Formats supported – jpeg, jpg, bmp, png, static gif
Size < 8 Mb
4:5 < Aspect Ratio < 1.91:1
200×200 < Resolution
Only 1 video at a time GMB Only 1 picture at a time
10 Kb < Size < 5 Mb
720×720 < Resolution < 3840×2160
Expires after 7 days (max)
Not supported at this time. Only 1 picture at a time
Size < 5 Mb
3:1 < Aspect Ratio < 2:3
552×276 < Resolution
Not supported at this time.
- Publish Later | Publish Now – Choose Publish Later to click a calendar day/time to schedule the post. View optimal posting days and times to ensure maximum visibility.
- Click Submit to finish the post.
The post appears on the Calendar for the selected day (today or later). You can click the post to view details (content, locations, status, sites, created by, approved by). You can also edit post details for scheduled posts or delete posts.
Need assistance managing content development? Check out our Managed Services for Social offering.