When survey efforts result in increased volume of positive sentiment, consider creating a Surveys widget to increase visibility of those ratings directly on your website. Posting dynamic, criteria-based ratings on your website allows prospective customers/clients to get a snapshot of what other customers are saying about your business.
You must have admin privileges on your account to add or modify widgets. If you need assistance, contact your Customer Success Manager.
There are two types of survey widgets:
*To create a survey results widget (rating and comment), see the Reviews Widgets and choose “Survey” as the source.
To create a surveys widget:
- From the top, right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Widgets.
- Click Add Widget.
- In the Type drop-down, click Reputation Surveys 3.0 (rating summary) or Reputation Reviews (see Reviews Widget).
Additional configuration settings appear. As you configure settings, a preview window automatically shows what your settings will look like.
- Configure the widget settings:
- Name – The name of the widget. (Name will not be visible to customers.)
- Level – Access reviews from all locations (click Tenant), or click Location to select individual locations from which to pull reviews. Individual locations are useful if you are creating separate widgets for each location’s website. Contact your Customer Success Manager if you need assistance creating location widgets in bulk.
- Survey Templates – Select the check box next to each survey template from which to pull submissions. No results are listed until you specify a Minimum Survey Count.
- Minimum Survey Count – If you have more than one survey template selected, specify the minimum number of survey templates to use in the response pool.
- Trailing Date Limit – Include survey submissions after a particular time period.
- Width – The width in pixels of the widget. Not editable via U/I with SEO-Enabled widgets.
- Height – The height in pixels of the widget. Not editable via U/I with SEO-Enabled widgets.
- Background Color – Set the background color of the widget. Default is white. Not editable via U/I with SEO-Enabled widgets.
- Text Color – Set the font color for the text of the comments. Default is black.
- Advanced – SEO-Enabled – Leave this check box cleared to generate the widget code for an iframe. An iframe is the easiest type of widget to implement and maintain. Selecting this check box generates a link instead of code. The link delivers the full HTML of the review stream to your website using a standard style sheet, which your webmaster can override to manage height, width, background color, filters*, etc. This implementation method may require collaboration with the Product team via your Customer Success Manager.
- Configure the widget settings:
*If you want to create a mulit-location widget at the tenant level, or if you want to filter widget results by another custom property (brand, market, etc.), you can do that using an SEO-Enabled widget. Add the following parameters to the resulting URL: &filterName=location&filterValues=001XXX,002XXX or &filterName=brand&filterValues=abc. The parameters are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly as shown on the Filters tab of the account admin page. Spaces in a URL are replaced by %20.
- Click Save.
If using code for an iframe, copy the generated code and send it to your webmaster for placement into the HTML of your website. If using the SEO-Enabled option, curl the URL and to fetch results directly.
Once on your site, the widget dynamically updates with the latest reviews that have met your criteria.