When review generation efforts result in increased volume of positive reviews, consider creating a Reviews widget to increase visibility of those reviews directly on your website.
Posting dynamic, criteria-based reviews on your website allows prospective customers/clients to get a snapshot of what other customers are saying about your business from a variety of review sites.
To create a reviews widget:
- From the top, right corner of the platform, click Settings .
- From the left navigation, click Widgets.
- Click Add Widget.
- In the Type drop-down, click Reputation Reviews.
Additional configuration settings appear. As you configure settings, a preview window automatically shows what your settings will look like.
- Configure the widget settings:
- Name – The name of the widget. (Name will not be visible to customers.)
- Level – Access reviews from all locations (click Tenant), click Location to select individual locations from which to pull reviews, or choose from a custom filter. Individual locations are useful if you are creating separate widgets for each location’s website. Contact your Customer Success Manager if you need assistance creating location widgets in bulk.
- Review Sites – Access reviews from all third-party review sites associated with your account (click All), or select individual sources from which to pull reviews.
- Review Sentiment – The minimum number of stars from which to pull reviews. Drag the slider to adjust the threshold.
- Reviews Per Page – The maximum number of reviews to display in each page of the widget. Higher numbers require users to scroll rather than page through results.
- Show Summary – Displays average star rating and total number of reviews at the top of the widget.(Yes|No)
- Business Name – Display the account name next to each review, or the location name for which the review was generated.
- Show Business Name – Display the business name next to the review. (Yes|No)
- Show Reviewer Name – Display the reviewer’s name next to the review. (Yes|No)
- Show Responses – Display your responses beneath each review. (Yes|No)
- Show Date – Display the date the review was submitted (Yes|No).
- Show Review Page Links – Hyperlink each review to the associated third-party review site (Yes|No).
- Width – The width in pixels of the widget. Not editable via U/I with SEO-Enabled widgets.
- Height – The height in pixels of the widget. Not editable via U/I with SEO-Enabled widgets.
- Background Color – Set the background color of the widget. Default is white. Not editable via U/I with SEO-Enabled widgets.
- Text Color – Set the font color for the text of the comments. Default is black.
- Advanced – SEO-Enabled – Leave this check box cleared to generate the widget code for an iframe. An iframe is the easiest type of widget to implement and maintain. Selecting this check box generates a link instead of code. The link delivers the full HTML of the review stream to your website using a standard style sheet, which your webmaster can override to manage height, width, background color, filters*, etc. This implementation method may require collaboration with the Product team via your Customer Success Manager.
- Click Save.
*If you want to create a mulit-location widget at the tenant level, or if you want to filter widget results by another custom property (brand, market, etc.), you can do that using an SEO-Enabled widget. Add the following parameters to the resulting URL: &filterName=location&filterValues=001XXX,002XXX or &filterName=brand&filterValues=abc. The parameters are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly as shown on the Filters tab of the account admin page. Spaces in a URL are replaced by %20.
If using code for an iframe, copy the generated code and send it to your webmaster for placement into the HTML of your website. If using the SEO-Enabled option, curl the URL and to fetch results directly.