The best way to ensure a good flow of reviews is to send automated request emails without delay, via direct data integration with the source system (CRM, POS, DMS, view more examples).
Customers who use a request integration typically get two more reviews a month with a higher overall star rating.
You can configure a request integration using SFTP or API. All integration options require initial setup with your Customer Success Manager.
Using secure FTP for a data feed ensures that batch files (CSV) are automatically picked up by the Reputation Generation Engine according to a daily process
. You can post the request data through your own SFTP server, through an SFTP server that we provide (faster), or as an attachment to an email. Turnaround time for initial setup varies (see steps below).
|Standard Drop||Post a standard CSV file on your SFTP server that gets picked up by the Reputation Generation Engine.|
|Standard Pull||Post a standard CSV file to the platform's SFTP server that gets processed by the Reputation Generation Engine.|
|Custom Drop||Post a custom CSV file on your SFTP server that gets picked up by the Reputation Generation Engine.|
|Custom Pull||Post a custom CSV file to the platform's SFTP server that gets processed by the Reputation Generation Engine.|
|Email Drop||Send a standard CSV file as an email attachment to email@example.com.|
To set up SFTP server integration:
- Define the SFTP server to use: Your own (Client) or the platform’s (RDC).
- Configure your data export to adhere to the standard file format (view sample), or provide your Customer Success Manager with a custom file format for analysis.
- Provide a sample data file for us to configure and test the automatic file pick-up process. This process takes 48 hours for standard drop, 24 hours for standard pull, or up to two weeks for custom (drop/pull).
Click here to learn how to drop a file using Filezilla.
To set up email integration:
- Contact your Customer Success Manager to initiate a setup request. Specify whether or not you plan to use encrypted files.
- Export your customer data from the third-party system you want to use.
- Populate the standard CSV file with your customer data and ensure the file name matches this format: [*]_YYYYMMDD.csv (example: Acme_20171202).
- Attach the file to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using an API for a standard or custom data feed ensures that transactional data is automatically picked up from another system in real time according to your own schedule. Turnaround time for initial setup varies but is typically the fastest option for request integration.
To set up API integration:
- Review the Request Reviews section within the API documentation (ask your CSM to send it to you). Make note of the following:
- Required fields in the API call are location_code, to, and template.
- The key_values field allows for use of custom fields.
- Your Customer Success Manager provides you with an API key and schedules a call to help answer questions.
- Provide your Customer Success Manager with your IP Address for whitelisting.